Our customer’s first iPad App is up on the App Store today!
Element 84 developed the new iPad app, Here on Earth, for Arcade Sunshine Media, based on the book by the same title.
[tabs slidertype="images" auto="yes" autospeed="4000"]
[imagetab width="400" height="300"]http://www.element84.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/HoE-AppStore-Screenshot-2.png[/imagetab]
[imagetab width="400" height="300"]http://www.element84.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/HoE-AppStore-Screenshot-1.png[/imagetab]
[imagetab width="400" height="300"]http://www.element84.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/HoE-AppStore-Screenshot-3.png[/imagetab]
[imagetab width="400" height="300"]http://www.element84.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/HoE-AppStore-Screenshot-4.png[/imagetab]
[imagetab width="400" height="300"]http://www.element84.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/HoE-AppStore-Screenshot-5.png[/imagetab]
Highlights of the App version of the book:
- 25 Interviews with author Tim Flannery on a huge variety of topics from the book.
- Short, video-based chapter summaries for each chapter.
- Elegant, beautiful design makes browsing through media an aesthetic pleasure.
- Original short films by award-winning filmmakers and animation artists.
- Over 95% of the media is embedded inside the app – you don’t need an active internet connection to experience the full effect.
- Exclusive videos from luminaries in the modern environmentalism movement including E. O. Wilson and David Blood.
- Integrated twitter feed creates a reading group inside the app – engage the community of readers from inside the book itself.
- Note-taking functionality lets you highlight important passages, take notes, and even email or tweet the created documents.
- Guide can be turned off at any time, creating a pure, completely non-intrusive reading experience.
- AirPlay support for videos lets you stream audio directly to your speakers.
- Navigation is straight-forward and intuitive – effortlessly browse through dozens of topics.